Thursday, May 26, 2022

WHAT IS LOVE SHIVA, ASKED SHAKTI.

One day Shakti was talking to Shiva about the intricate ways of love and Shiva was quietly but intently listening to her. Unexpectedly Shakti got inquisitive, sprang to Shiva’s feet, pressed her hands on his knees and asked “Tell me Adiyogi, what is love? What is it that you feel for me?”

Shiva, known for his eternal peace and little need for communication looked at Shakti, smiled dotingly and said “When you cook for me and feed me from your own hands, only to watch the contentment in my eyes which only a good meal can bring. Thats when you turn into Annapoorna and I feel love for you. In the same way when you make me the subject of your intimate desires by igniting my passion you become a Khamakhya. I feel a surge of love for you. These two feelings are best explained as love in its original form, called Bhog.

“Original form - Bhog?” probed Shakti “Is that all love is?” Shiva laughed perceptively, held Shakti’s face in his palms and said “Yes Bhog, Shakti, don’t devalue it. It is extremely gratifying for me but becomes apparent only for the body.” 

Shiva added “The other form of love that visits me is when I feel an assured influence over you. When I observe that in my company you effortlessly overlook how accomplished and powerful you are. You let me dominate you, question you, pester you and take you for granted. It is mesmerizing to see you turn into a demure Gauri. But then at times you turn into a Durga and wield brutal weaponries in order to shield me. Both these forms grant me a certain power over you. This influence makes me feel the love beyond the body. Love for the heart – Shakti.”

Now shining with the reflective glow of Shiva’s deep observations of her, Shakti asked “Ah! And is there a third form too?” Shiva smiled and added “Yes, the final and the most significant yet the masked one!” Shakti asked curiously “And what’s that?” Shiva explained “When you turn into a Kali, unafraid to show your dark skin, naked self, untamed tresses and dance on top of me. It’s an unmatchable mix of raw power and defenselessness at the same time. Your audacity with fearlessness for being mocked is hypnotic. That’s also the time you become a Sarasvati and show me the mirror of truth. I feel empowered with the grit to see the undressed-murky truth. And I feel a gush of love, the love of a beautiful mind – Darshan.”

Shakti placed her face on Shiva’s feet and said “One needs to be a Shiva to know a Shakti”. Shiva kept his hand on Shakti’s face and said “Just the way one needs to be a Shakti to know a Shiva”

No comments:

Post a Comment